3/6/10

IKEA Saturday

On a whim, my mom and sister-in-law drove to Atlanta to meet me for a shopping day. Our destination was IKEA. I also wanted to go to Atlantic Station to check out the West Elm. I saw a glass chandelier in their catalog that I loved.

So I left the house at 5:30am and was able to see the sunrise along the way. Shortly after the sunrise, I entered Georgia and was greeted by flashing blue lights. Yep, I got a ticket. I was going 71 in a 55 mph zone. But the guy was so nice; he reminded me of Bill "Bubba" Bussey. He only wrote the ticket for 68 so it wouldn't affect my insurance. $55 poorer and I was back on the road.


We enjoyed breakfast at IKEA before our shopping got started. 4 hours later, we went to a Mexican restaurant at Atlantic Station for lunch.




One of my IKEA purchases was a moon light/lamp for Luke. He loves it! I need to get a bulb with less wattage; it's a little bright.


I purchased the chandelier at West Elm and Dave installed it in no time. I previously attempted to bring a $40 thrift store chandelier back to life, but it didn't work out. My dining room will be done after I stain the six chairs. My sweet husband stained two of them for me yesterday. So we're getting closer.


I refinished a dark wood sofa table so it would fit into the black and white decor in the dining room. The boys hopped on the table so they could be in the picture. :)

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

There is very little that I just love from West Elm - - I LOVE that chandelier! Gorgeous.