12/30/09

Laney's Baptism

Our little girl was baptized this weekend. I had the best of intentions to write a little about infant baptism. But my mind is mush and I don't know what to say. I had a million things to say a few weeks ago, but I can only remember one of them now. It was something I learned back when Sam was baptized. (You smarties out there can correct me if I'm wrong...) Before Christ came, when a man put his faith in God he and his family(sons) were circumcised as a sign of being in the covenant family. Once Christ came to this earth, the old covenant was gone and we had a new symbol of being in the covenant family. So now, a believer and his family are baptized as a sign of the covenant of grace whereby they are saved (thanks to the pcanet.org for wordage). You can see this in Scripture in the book of Acts. There is so much more to say about this, but I'll sum it up by saying I have cried at each of my children's baptism. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty for having His hand on my family...
Mike sure put the water on thick. At one point Laney let out a gasp for air. She and Ron ended up a little on the soaked side...



My girl is so ladylike. She's spitting bubbles...and she loves sticking her left leg in the air.
I made this jacket and dress especially for Laney's baptism. I worked on it a good part of the day Saturday, staying up until midnight, and about an hour Sunday morning. Talk about getting it done in the nick of time! (Christine, thanks for your help on the tough parts...)

No comments: