2/8/08

Sam and Me at Lunch

Some days Sam and I have lunch and it's a little boring.  Today wasn't one of those days...for some reason he was cracking me up.  Maybe it was because I got very little sleep last night.  Whatever the reason, he had a few one-liners that made me laugh.  OK, so 2-year-olds don't really have one-liners, but you get the idea.  My nose was running, so I took the lazy way out and decided to wipe it with my sleeve.  (Before you judge, I had already predetermined to do laundry after lunch, so I knew the shirt was about to be washed.)  I told him "Sam, this is the improper way to wipe your nose."  He said "just like Daba Dee".  Somehow in his mind, he's reckoned to the fact that Baba Dee, Ron's grandmother (whom he calls Daba Dee), wipes her nose on her sleeves.  That's so funny to me...'cause she doesn't.  She is a lot more proper than that.  

So I quickly realized this was going to be a funny lunch.  I got out the camera, and started shooting.  This first pic is of him saying "cheese" while eating a french fry.  I can't resist taking pictures of his chipped tooth...it's so innocent and adorable to me.

Next, I wanted to get a picture of his boo-boo, so he posed for me...quite still I should add.  What I thought was going to turn into a black eye was more of an abrasion.

This next picture is one of his favorite things to do: Silly Eyes as we call it.  He laughs at himself just as much as I do, so he's always up for it.  He can't resist the attention.

I tried it today and let him take the picture.  (I did have to help him hold the camera a bit.)  Making that face hurt my eyes so bad I saw dots for 5 minutes, you know like when you look at the sun or something.  I guess next time I won't try so hard.  

I wish I could remember all his one-liners ...maybe next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the stories. You and Sam have so much fun - don't you?

Anonymous said...

Penny, the story of lunch was great! Isn't it so much fun to enjoy Sam like you do? One of these days, in the not too distant future, these times will be so very special to remember. Take the time to treasure each one to its fullest. Thanks for sharing your fun with us. Love, B