2/5/08

Recapping our week


It's been a while since I filled y'all in on our exciting lives.  So here it goes, in no particular order.
Sam cleaned up after himself again today.  Notice the orange bowl in the sink.  He was eating a snack while watching TV...I was at the sink washing dishes.  He walked over to the kitchen and threw the bowl in the sink saying "Here you go...".
Sam got a "shiner" tonight, as Ron calls it.  Notice that while his left eye has a boo-boo, he is still able to cock that eyebrow over on the right eye.  He can give attitude, even at 2.  He was playing in his room, rather excitedly, and fell right in to the metal part of his bed.  He cried, I almost cried.  I was glad Ron made it home 5 minutes later to give him some love while I went and composed myself.
Ron stuck a little soccer ball under Sam's shirt.  He came running to me to give me a hug...belly to belly.  Of course it was cute enough for a picture.  He pointed to both of our bellies and said "baby".
This is Sam with Emma...a friend of his at Mother's Day Out.  They hug goodbye most days, so I'm beginning to wonder if they're more than just friends.  Just kidding...I know he's only 2 years old.
This is usually what I find when I'm picking Sam up at MDO.  The last 15 minutes of the morning, the kids have to go sit on their mat for quiet time.  Sam talks rather fondly of quiet time and "Sam's mat".
Sam and Ron bonded over their manly Gatorade the other day.
Sam showed us that he's getting better at chewing gum.  On our way to Jackson, MS he chewed a piece of gum for 30 minutes.  I kept reminding him not to swallow it...but what happened?  He swallowed it.  Still, 30 minutes ain't bad.
Grandee and Pappy bought Sam a new laptop computer for Valentine's Day.  He has really enjoyed playing with it.  While the computer has 30 games for him to play, his favorite is the Music Box.  He especially loves singing along with the "Farmer and the Dell".

That was a super-quick update on the past week.  It's 9:45 and I'm tired...so that's all I got.  We'll write more soon...maybe I can get Ron to add his brilliance to this blog before long...

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, I like the one of him in the car - very good with natural light =) See you soon...