1/16/08

Life is good

Life is good...I have homemade bread and it's snowing in Huntsville.  How could I not be happy?  Some posts are entertaining or informative; this post is neither of those.  Some days the little things in life are worth writing about, even if it's only for yourself.  
So, I joined this craze of making homemade bread about a year and a half ago.  You can read all about the benefits of buying wheat and milling your own flour for homemade bread on the BreadBeckers website.  But for me, it all comes down to staying regular.  :)
I quit making bread a few months ago because I got tired of the work that goes into it.  It's definitely time-consuming.  And Ron didn't like the taste of it anymore, so I was buying bread for him while Sam and I were eating the homemade loaves.  After I stopped making bread I noticed a definite change in my health. Because I had sold my mill 2 months ago, I had to buy another to begin making bread again.  Oh, what joy when I received my new mill yesterday via FedEx.  I borrowed some wheat from Denise (thanks Mrs. Brown) and now the smell of fresh bread spreads throughout the house.  I'll say it again, life is good.

Now for the kid in me...it's snowing!  Even more now than it was 15 minutes ago when I started this post.  Sam is glued to an episode of "Thomas the Tank Engine" right now.  When it's over, we WILL be going outside to enjoy the snow for a few minutes.

One last thing that brought a smile to my face today: Sam at gymnastics.  He goes to gymnastics every Wednesday and absolutely adores it.  He's become known as the runner in the class.  Seriously!  He runs circles around the other kids and it just makes me laugh.  He keeps me young. 

2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, how fun! Now, you know I am still thinking/praying about this bread business, but the hubs is on board, so I may be in! Where did you order the mill from? I have been looking for deals or refurbished ones.

Anyway, glad it's snowing there - same here on the Plains. It was sleeting! Ah!!!!

Anonymous said...

How nostalgic for me to read your bread blog. My mom made seven loaves of homemade bread every monday, and I can remember many a day in Vermont when I would come in out of the cold and deep snow to the smell of freshly baked bread. Nothing better! It must make for healthy runners, because the four of us boys were runners and one of my three sisters did extremely well also.