1/20/08

The Last Couple Weeks

It's been a pretty exciting last couple weeks @ Casa de Philley. Penny had a birthday on the 9th. I know you're all wondering, so I'll tell you, I got her a pair of Capalene long johns. Don't laugh, it's what she wanted. We were gonna try and celebrate over a nice dinner, just she and I, but the baby-sitter got sick. The funny thing is, we ran into the Burgesses and had dinner with them, which was enjoyable. Penny was going to go to Birmingham last Thur. but got rained out. This past Wednesday we, once again, put our house on the market and had a showing on Thursday which was promising. Thursday was also a big day b/c we found out that we'll be having a another baby boy. We, for some reason, had it in our heads that it was a girl, so we've gotta change our thinking. I've decided this is a very good thing b/c we already have TONS of baby stuff, all for a boy, so we'll be avoiding the pink version of the same "stuff"...for now. We would love everyone's input on what to name the little guy. We finally got that dinner out, sans toddler, which was awesome, except that Penny got in a fender-bender while taking the baby-sitter home. Mucho drama, fortunately no one was hurt.
We had plans to travel to Montgomery this weekend to visit with my sister and parents, since they would be down there for the weekend. Our plans were thwarted by The Great White Out of 2008.
I've recently been chastised for not posting workouts, as I said I would. So here's a synopsis of the last 3 weeks. 5 runs per week. 1 long run per week (10,11,12). 1 tempo run per week: week one - 4 miles @ 5:40 pace; week two: 6 miles @ 6 minute pace; week three: 6 mile cutdown - 6, 5:54, 5:48, 5:42, 5:35, 5:27 (last 1/4 mile in 1:12). 2 interval sessions: week 1: 4 x mile 5:20 pace 2 min. recovery; week 2: 4 x mile 5:15 2 min. recovery. The in-between runs were 45 min to 1 hour. I'm getting fitter, but still a long way to go. This week I'm shooting for 6 runs total to include a good tempo run, 1 interval session, and a long run. I'm looking to make my return to competitive running on March 2, which will be 10k @ UAH. The last time I got close to racing I got injured, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.
We're encouraged everyday, through prayer, that God's plan for us is perfect, and that although we don't always understand the hows or whys, we can have peace and rest in his sovereign will. So, if we don't sell our home, if I can't race due to injury, if our plans are changed b/c of the weather, or if we have silly accidents, it's all to his glory, according to his will.
So, that should catch everyone up.
This week has great promise...I'm excited.

2 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

That is great that you are back into running! I am sure you'll do great!

And, we are pumped about Baby Boy Philley No. 2. Can't wait to see this play out =)

Anonymous said...

Yea! I loved reading the new blog. Thanks for the update on things going on in your little corner of the world......NAME??? Did I read you'd like suggestions? The last time I offered one, Penny wasn't too keen on it, I personally thought Galena Christine was unique!! :):) BTW, I wasn't serious about that suggestion, however, this time, I am. What would you think about Charlton Keith Philley? O.K., I won't try to make any further suggestions, just surprise us with your own choice. We'll love it regardless. Love to all of you! B