12/31/07

The Philley Year in Review

I thought I'd take a little time to reflect. 2007 was one that we'll remember and talk about for ....at least the next few months. The year started with us living in Hampton Cove and me working @ The Orthopedic Center (TOC). Midway through April we had sold our house, moved into an apartment, bought (and moved into) another home, changed practices from TOC to SportsMed and back to TOC, and...I studied for, and took the LSAT, thinking that some day, in the not-so-distant future I might want to go to law school. We had the experience of getting pregnant and miscarrying during this time also. My cousin died tragically in a car accident in May and I attended her funeral in Louisiana, heartbreaking to say the least. Needless to say, the first half of '07 was tumultuous. The last half of '07 was marked by settling into the new job in a new place w/ new responsibilities and settling into our new home...only to realize that in our haste (reference above) we had settled for one that wasn't THE ONE, so we put it on the market in the fall. I don't remember much about September - December b/c of the most awesome college football season ever, one in which my alma mater (David) defeated the mighty Univ. of Alabama grey elephants (Goliath). I do remember that Penny got pregnant again (not sure how that happened), and we found out October 1st. The holidays were marked by wonderful times w/ all of our family, and we consider ourselves fortunate to have been able to be with them. Sam reached an unprecendented level of cuteness and continues to outdo himself daily. Penny continues to defy odds by keeping him (and me) in check, all while being pregnant.
Now that I'm writing all this out, 2007 sounds a little crazier than I remember, but something stands out. Through all the uncertainty and changes, there were those things that we were sure of, a few things that would not change: the love of our family and friends and the love of our savior. A couple of verses comes to mind here: Rom. 8:37-39.
I hope everyone has a few minutes to reflect as I did.
Happy New Year to everyone. I can't wait to see what 2008 will bring for us all.
-Ronzo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to try this again! Since the comment that was done earlier has disappeared into the netherworld. We have been traveling along with you guys and the adventures of 2007! There certainly has been an aura of adventure and wonderment, but that is what keeps life going. We are eager to meet our newest Philley addition in June.

One of the things I have realized over the past months is the awesome responsibility of being a grand parent. Oh, we hear how it is so easy to spoil grandchildren, but it is much easier to love them instead and there are so many forms of spoiling them. Beyond the fact that we do love them all, we have the privilege of teaching them as well. We get wet kisses, tight hugs, messed up hair, our ears hear the sweetest giggles and laughing, even the squealing, but it is nothing compared to the joy we receive in return. Even in the midst of these special times, we can point them to our Lord and Saviour who can give them the love that is life changing and more permanent than anything we can give them. When I am watching the grandchildren either playing or just being around them, I pray my presence will make an impact on them in such a way, they desire to have a special relationship with Jesus one day.

But beyond that thought process, I realize each moment we have should be treasured to its fullest and I want their memories of me to be positive and happy. My love to all of you, B

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recap! Just reading that makes me tired, whew... our year was tame compared to all that you endured. I knew that there were many reasons that we keep y'all in our prayers, but when you put it all together it sure is amazing.

It was a joy to have you spend some time over the holidays with us. We look forward to God's blessings in all of our lives in 2008.

Kiss the up-and-coming track star for us X-O-X.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Great recap - seems crazy to have lived some of that with ya'll (being friends and all). I think Adam would really say he "lived" the piano in Move #1. Anytime, friends! We're here for you through many years like this one!

The Burgess Family said...

Ron - you are a good writer! Keep it up.

Sarah

Ashley Turnbull said...

Your blog is getting so high-tech! Whoever is helping you needs to be compensated well =)