12/31/11

Enterprise, Louisiana

Rebekah and I went to Enterprise by way of Monroe. When you go through Monroe, you have to take the ferry across the river. We pulled up to the stop sign and waited for our turn to drive onto the ferry. After a few minutes, I turned off the car and started to walk down the drive to find out why it was taking so long...
Then I saw this sign...

Baba Dee lives 2 miles on the other side of the ferry. But when the ferry isn't operating, you have to back track and drive through the hills, which takes another hour! So after 2 1/2 hours of driving, thinking we were five minutes away, we had to get back in the car and drive for another hour. Not fun! But once we got there, we were greeted with kids playing in the beautiful sunshine.

Laney was eying the cake toppers...which turned out to be delicious...

The kids enjoyed sitting at their table sans adults!

I wish I had taken more pictures at Baba Dee's house. Hopefully I'll do better next year...

No comments: