7/4/11

Fashion First

So the boys thought it would be fun to mess up their closet a little. Earlier last week they removed a few things from the closet and I gave them a choice: do it again, and I temporarily put all their clothes away and make them wear whatever they have on their back for two days. I told them they needed to appreciate their belongings. I also let them know that I put a lot of time into keeping things (like their clothes) in order, and it would mean a lot to me if they would be respectful of that.
Well, they did it again on Friday. Big time! It took me an hour to get everything back on the shelves in proper order. So from Friday morning until church on Sunday morning they wore the same thing. Even after their bath, they put their dirty clothes back on and slept in them.
Unfortunately I didn't get quite what I wanted out of the experiment. Sam seemed disgusted at the thought of this, saying he hated the idea. But towards the end of our 48 hours he said "I enjoyed wearing these clothes over and over. I love this shirt". Oh well, I guess I'll come up with another idea if this happens again. Let's just pray it won't happen again...

3 comments:

Keri said...

Oh my, what a mess! I cannot believe they did that. Too funny about making them wear the same clothes for 48 hours!! Love it!

Denise said...

This reminds me of the Frances book where she won't eat anything but bread and jam and so her mother stops serving her the regular meals and snacks and just gives her bread and jam.
Yes, maybe when they are teenagers you can mess the closet up and make them clean it up and get revenge then.

Anonymous said...

Love that idea! Maybe I'll use it too...:)