1/28/10

Couponing 101

I woke up Saturday morning ready for my next (small) adventure. Ron was going to stay home with the kiddos while I drove myself to Chattanooga, TN for a coupon workshop. Yep, you heard me... Jenny from Southern Savers was holding a 3 hour workshop at Brainerd Baptist Church.

The first hour of the drive was great. I left the house at 6:30, which would give me plenty of time to get to Chattanooga for the 9am event. I even stopped on the side of the road to take a picture of this bridge that I've always found interesting. It's just not something you'd expect to see in the middle of the country. I was listening to some podcasts from the White Horse Inn. Everything was great.

Everything was great until I realized I was heading to a workshop in the Eastern time zone. I went from being 30 minutes early to 30 minutes late in the matter of a second. Oh crap. I picked up my speed and got to the church at exactly 9:30. Fortunately for me, she had just wrapped up the storytelling and was only 5 minutes in to the real stuff. I joined about 500 others in learning how to be good stewards of our money.

Here's a quick picture of Jenny (mostly for you, Ashley). I know it's not the best picture I've ever taken, but I felt awkward pulling out my camera in the middle of a meet-and-great. One picture and I was off...
I made it home safely, opening the door to Sam's sweet voice saying "Mommy, I'm so glad you're home!" I was glad to be home too.

2 comments:

Keri said...

So do you have any good tips to share with us from your couponing workshop??a

Ashley Turnbull said...

Hilarious! She's not what I thought...I just can't imagine how she does all that she does! Gracious! Can't wait to see your literature from the meeting! And, thanks for the pictures!!!