5/12/09

My kind of Mother's Day

Mother's Day celebration actually started for me on Thursday as my kids headed off to Birmingham.  It's kind of funny that I started the Mother's Day weekend without children and enjoyed it.  I guess that's what happens after you have 2 kids and are 8 months pregnant with the 3rd.  A temporary break is nice...

I have a to do list of 40 things I want to get done before Newbie gets here.  I accomplished 18 of them from Thursday night to Saturday morning while Sam and Luke were with their grandparents.  The list includes things from dusting and mopping all the way to making bedside tables (yes, I am a handy-woman) and finishing my Blurb book.

My Mother's Day was nice.  Sam gave me some flowers and Ron gave me a card with a Diet Coke and Twix Candy Bar.  He knows just what makes me happy.  ☺  He even made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  We had pizza delivered for lunch and went to Santa Fe for dinner.  It was nice being together as a family... 

  

No comments: