5/6/08

Sweet Sam

I was looking over these few pictures trying to decide what to title this post, and "sweet Sam" was all I could come up with.  All these pictures remind me of Sam's tender side and his love for others.  I know he's only 2 1/2 and a sinner just like the rest of us, but there are times he just seems so sweet and gentle.
Sam spent Sunday night in Birmingham with B and Pops so I could get a few things done on Monday.  Well, the boys were playing hard and Pops broke his toe.  (We confirmed it last night when Ron took him to TOC after hours and took an X-ray: it's definitely broken.)  Sam felt so sorry for Pops that he decided he needed a boo-boo too.  So B bandaged his foot up and we get an adorable picture of the two of them.
On the way out the door Sunday, Pappy and Grandee scooped up their Bibles.  Sam saw that and said "I go get my Bible; be right back."  He went into his room and got his Bible from his bookshelf.  Oh, how sweet to see him walking into church with a Bible.  Of course he doesn't need a Bible when all he does is play in the nursery, but he wanted to be just like his g'parents.
Today I picked him up at MDO and he saw me and screamed "I made you a surprise, Mommy".  His teachers had "helped" him make me a small cup of flowers with stickers on it and a picture of him.  As much as I love the gift of the flowers, I love even more the excitement he expressed giving it to me.

Oh, I'm cherishing these times.  It's going so quickly.  Luke will be here soon and we'll get to enjoy raising a boy all over again.  God is good.

No comments: