3/21/08

Our Day

Yesterday my friend Anna came to visit from Birmingham with her husband Brice and son Cole. They're spending a few days of Spring Break showing Cole all that Huntsville has to offer. They've done more here in 24 hours than Ron and I have done in 4 years. Sam has enjoyed his "new friends". He adores Cole and follows him around everywhere.
We managed to get a quick picture of Sam during bathtime tonight.
Anna and Cole were hanging out on the couch tonight. Sam hopped up there and got as close to Cole as he could. At one point, he patted Cole on the head then put his arm around his back. It was so endearing, which is why Anna is making such a funny face in this picture.
But the day didn't start out so sweet. Long story short, the Philley family was outside playing after lunch. Ron ran inside to get something and I decided to playfully chase Sam around with our new bubble blower: Nemo the fish. So if you don't know about our house, our backyard slants and ends with a wall of trees followed by a 3-foot tall concrete wall that drops off into a pit area. I've hated our backyard because of the numerous times Sam has fallen while playing, but today was worse than ever. While running, Sam's momentum picked up quickly and he couldn't stop. He was running out of control down the hill so I began chasing after him. Being 7 months pregnant didn't help. He's screaming "Help, Mommy" and I'm screaming "Please stop Sam!" He couldn't stop and I couldn't catch up. The row of trees stopped him which prevented him from falling into the pit...thank the Lord because he could have really been injured. I was 10 yards behind him the whole time and got there in time to pick him up and hold him close, but only after I fell face first flinging Nemo in the air. The first thing he said to me when I looked at him closely for boo-boos?..."Get Nemo Mommy". It is a miracle he wasn't hurt running full force into a bunch of trees: God was definitely protecting him. I'm so glad he wasn't hurt. I'm another story. I have some kind of hip strain and I'm walking around like a 90 year old woman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny and Ron, we are so thankful that Penny and baby Luke were not seriously injured. When I came home today from having lunch with Chris, Mom began telling me what happened with you and Sam falling. I probably wasn't too polite, because as she started to tell the story in blow-by-blow fashion, I had to interrupt and insist on getting to the bottom line... "Are Penny and baby Luke okay?" Our gratitude to our Lord is extreme to say the least. Penny, we continue to pray for you and now pray that your hip strain will heal rapidly. Glad to hear that you are having so much fun with the Jackson family! Happy Easter. Love y'all!

Penny said...

Thanks for your prayers. I'm so much better. I'm walking this morning with almost no pain at all... Every time I'm in the kitchen and look in the back yard I realize just how much the Lord was protecting us. Love you Pops...

annaj said...

We loved being with you guys! Good times!