3/19/08

Grocery Game Savings

Let me start by saying this post will have no pictures.  I know, it's a bit different from my usual posts that revolve totally around Sam and Luke.  But tonight's post is all about saving money on groceries.

I just signed on to The Grocery Game.  I heard about this a month or two ago from my friend Becky.  Check out her blog if you want to be educated, informed, and/or entertained.  She's a pretty funny gal!  I didn't want to join because, well honestly, I'm just really lazy and don't care a lot about saving money.  Isn't that pitiful?  But her sister Anna, who is one of my best friends, got on the bandwagon and said it's not as hard as you think.  So I caved.

Long story short, this lady basically tells you what to buy week to week according to the best deals.  You stockpile when the bargains are at their highest, using coupons she tells you to from your Sunday paper, and you end up saving a buttload.  Tonight was my first shopping trip using her system.  I took her list, coupons, and FAQs off her website to Publix and shopped.  Just in case you're wondering, yes I looked like a big dork flipping through pages while standing in the aisles.  But I managed to save $43.26 in one night!  It'll only get better, because my coupons will accumulate weekly and I'll be able to use them on top of the already great Buy One Get One Free deals.  I'm pumped.

So for my girlfriends out there who are in to deals, check out The Grocery Game.

No comments: