2/23/08

The Local Mall


We made our way to Parkway Place Mall today just to get out of the house for a few minutes.  For the past few months they've had this big jumping area located in the food court.  (Just like my opinions of character dining at Disney World, I find this a little distracting while you're trying to get your kid to eat.)  But today it worked in our favor.  Sam kept asking to jump, which he hasn't done before because we thought he would be scared.  Ron told him he could but he had to eat his chicken nuggets.  He stuffed them in his mouth and was ready to go.  
Once he was strapped in, they raised him up to jump some.  He did ask to get down at the very beginning but we ignored that request and he began having fun.  He stayed up there for several minutes and had so much fun....full of smiles.
I was in the jumping area with him, so I got to see everything close up.  Ron had a different vantage point from outside the railing and said he looked like such a big boy instead of our little baby.  Wow, they grow so fast!  After we got down and started leaving the mall Sam looked tired.  I asked him if he was and he said "Sam jumped; Sam sleepy".

1 comment:

Dana said...

Look at Sam!
I remember when we put Anderw in one of those things at the beach years ago and he just looked so much bigger to me all of a sudden. You better be careful though, seems like just the next day he was calling me to say he was jumping out of an airplane...