1/23/08

The Yellow Bowl

My last post included a couple of things that came our way each day.  Thomas, rice cakes, etc.  So I'll keep going with this concept a little longer.  Does anyone want to know what yesterday brought?  What in the world could have made me take a picture of our kitchen sink with dirty dishes in it?

Sam woke up from his nap and I put a few Goldfish crackers in one of his kid-sized bowls.  He enjoyed crackers and juice while watching Curious George.  Once the bowl was empty, he got up and ran out of the den.  I sat on the couch, waiting to see what was about to happen.  I heard a loud noise, like he'd dropped the bowl on the floor.  He came running back to the den, bowl-less, so of course I get up and search room to room for the missing bowl.  It's not in the bathroom or bedrooms...  so I ask him "Sam, where's your bowl?".  He replies with "In the sink, Mommy".  WHAT!!??  I go to the kitchen and sure enough he'd stretched out his little arms to throw his dirty bowl in the sink.  I was shocked.  Neither Ron nor I had ever told Sam what to do with dirty dishes, but obviously he'd been watching us.  I clapped and gave him so many high-fives that even he was proud of himself.

This is obviously a great reminder, even in such a small way, that it's important how we live our lives.  I wonder what else Sam is picking up from us, good or bad.  I hope one day we'll see the love of the Lord in him...that will definitely be a day full of high-fives!

2 comments:

Chart Smart said...

NICE Blog :)

Anonymous said...

That was WONDERFUL and also a great reminder of the example we are to be of others. We pray along with you for Sam to have Jesus in his heart one of these days. What a joy!! Love, B