1/7/08

Sam's new (old) bed

Sam got a big-boy bed on Saturday.  It was the daybed Ron had when he was a little boy, so it's been around awhile.  He really seems to like it.  We pull out the trundle for him to use as a step.  Of course, I cried a little watching him go to bed all by himself.  I'm happy that he's growing up, but sad at the same time.  He didn't fall out of bed, which was a concern of mine since we didn't have a safety gate on the bed.  But Ron insisted we didn't need one, and I guess he was right.

We went to church a little earlier than usual to help Ron set up sound.  We took a couple of toys for Sam to play with since we would be there for so long.  Thanks to Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine had his own place at the communion table.  There's just something about this picture that makes me laugh.  

Well, things gear back up this week.  Mother's Day Out and Gymnastics start back.  I'm very excited to get back in the swing of things.  I'm also going back to the gym.  I've been twice in the past 2 months, so I think I've had enough of a break.  I'm also looking forward to a birthday lunch with some of my girlfriends on Thursday...Surin, here we come!

That's about all the update I have right now.  I'm sure Ron or I will have something to say in the coming days about the BCS Championship game.  Go Tigers!

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Oh, how exciting that Sam has a big bed. I am sure this will help you guys when the new baby arrives. But, I now you are sad to see him "growing up." See you Thursday! Get excited!