12/11/07

More About Us

The first installment in the Philley blog was a very basic overview. I thought I'd expound a bit and tell everyone a little more about us. Some of you have heard about how Penny and I met. Here's my take on it. I had come to a place in my life where I realized that most of the stuff that college students "seek after" is pretty empty. Most of my teammates had either immersed themselves in their current romantic relationships, or decided that they wouldn't return to school the next go 'round, or both. To this point in my collegiate career I had neglected my relationship w/ Christ, and elected not to fellowship/worship/grow in stature, as I should have been. I had acquaintences at the Baptist Collegiate Ministry and I knew this would be a good place to hear the word and "do" the aformentioned. This is where Penny came in. My acquaintences were in a band and were playing a show at a local coffee shop so I decided to go. I had heard that there was a girl named Penny from Birmingham, and I was curious to talk to her about where she lived and where she went to high school, etc. So, she was at the show, we met, we talked, and other than the fact that I thought she was attractive, I was drawn to her tender nature. She seemed like someone who genuinely cared about what you had to say. She was willing to include me even though she didn't know me well then (and I'm pretty sure there were no romantic feelings @ the time). The funny thing about that night was that she was at the concert with her friend and a couple other guys, both of whom were on the football team (not linemen), both of whom were much better looking (and only slightly more muscular) than myself. Needless to say, I was out-manned. Somehow she's my wife. I consider myself blessed.

1 comment:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Awe - love getting to hear these tender sentiments from Ronzo (he signs our blog like this, but is it a nickname? Intimate friends only? Wife's pet name?). So glad ya'll are blogging. Two nights in a row. Wow! Keep it coming, friends!