12/22/07

like/dislike relationship


So I couldn't title this post a "love/hate relationship" because there is absolutely no hatred found anywhere in my heart for little Sam Philley. But there are times when I don't like him a whole lot. One hour ago was one of those times. He was just irritating me. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and full of all kinds of unexplained emotions. Also, maybe I wish I would stop getting morning sickness especially since I'm 4 months now... Whatever it was, I was thinking of how nice it would be to have a temporary break from being a mom. Then it happened...he made me like him again.

I had crawled on the couch to watch him play with his cars. He crawled up next to me and said "Mommy sleepy, Sam sleepy". He asked for a pillow and blanket and began telling me his tummy (and other body parts) were falling asleep. Well, I did what most parents would do and told him they needed to wake up. I began tickling him like crazy! The next half hour, we laid on the couch giggling, talking, and just being silly.

Sometimes I'm overcome with emotion for this little guy. Right now I'm tearing up just thinking about him. (He's napping now...so I'm getting that little break I needed an hour ago.) Not to preach a sermonette or anything, but when I get like this I'm reminded of how unconditional God's love is for us. He never wants "a break" from us. I just wish my love for Ron, Sam, my family and friends was that pure.

I have realized over the past few months that I've not always loved like I should. Friends were in need and I had no idea because I was too concerned with myself. Family members were dealing with things that I didn't notice. It's amazing what God can teach me through a 2 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Penny, you are wise beyond your years in posting the like/dislike dialogue. I am glad you are able to treasure the moments like you had with Sam. Enjoyed the article about Ron's wall of fame also. :) Love ya! B