11/18/12

our visit to Auburn

We were given 5 tickets and an amazing parking spot by some friends for yesterday's game.  Thanks L & L!!  Ron and I had already made plans to go to Auburn to visit our step-sister and her family, so going to the game was a bonus.

We went to Toomer's corner and the boys posed for a picture.  Sam was appalled when I told him what Harvey (allegedly) did to the tree.  Imagine what a child's face would look like if they believed in Santa and you told them Santa wasn't real...well, that's how Sam looked when I explained why the trees were dying.  It was pitiful and comical at the same time.

After winding through all the new buildings that had been built since I attended Auburn almost 20 years ago, we found Keller Hall.  Keller was one of the two freshman dorms for girls; I don't know why I moved to the hill...the allure, I guess.  I have good memories of my first quarter there.

Ron and I were getting tickled watching Laney.  I caught Ron in a true grin...I love that face!

The kids loved their popcorn and pom-poms.  The nicest couple sat in front of us.  The lady would ask me if she could go get the kids something then come back with something special.  She gave them the pom-poms and a few cookies.


No comments: