8/18/11

Sam's first day of REAL kindergarten

Sam started K5 yesterday and had a great first day. I saw a blog where the mom uses a small chalkboard to take a picture of her children's first day of school every year. So glad I saw this now instead of when the kids are in junior high. I'll actually have some fun pictures to look back on when they're leaving for college or getting married... whoa, that's a scary thought. ☺I offered to let him draw the K-5 on the board and he said "No thanks, 5 is kinda' hard to draw". He's a perfectionist, and very afraid of messing up. He never wants to fail. Our prayer for this little guy is that he'll use his gifts and talents for the Lord's glory rather than his own.
I love that he got silly and gave me a good 'ole smile. Every time I look at this picture I find myself smiling!
This is the only picture I have of him at school on his first day. His teacher is fresh out of school. I get the idea that she's still trying to figure things out. I'm not sure. I just got the feeling that I needed to drop him off and get out! Although she wasn't warm and welcoming, she must be good with the kids. Sam has only good things to say about her. I'm excited that he has a young teacher. I'm trying to embrace what she has to offer and not focus on the fact that she shakes hands like a limp noodle. Just keeping it real...

1 comment:

Keri said...

limp noodle...ha!! Glad he enjoyed his first day!