6/19/11

VBS

We had VBS the first week of June and it was too much fun!
Sam was registered since he is entering K5 in the fall. Luke and Laney were able to go since I was a volunteer. I was a money counter, along with my mom and a few other ladies. We counted $11, 848.61 for the week, which meant we purchased 1,184 mosquito nets for the children in Africa. Even Sam got excited about protecting the kids from malaria!

The kids met in the sanctuary every day for their own assembly. Some teenagers helped lead worship, they learned Bible verses, watched skits daily, and more.


When I was leaving the sanctuary, I noticed music coming from the chapel. I had no idea that Luke's age group was having their own worship service as well. As you can tell by the pictures, Luke was mesmerized by the music and musicians. He's watching the girls in every picture I took, even tapping his foot in one of the photos.



The decorations were great. (Big shout-out to Lauren Ervin!)


It was a great week and we all learned a lot. Thanks to all you VBS teachers!

No comments: