7/18/10

Girls Night

I got to spend the entire evening with some of my best friends last weekend. We got a room at the Westin Hotel here in town and talked 'til we had nothing left to say, or in my case until we couldn't keep our eyes open any more. I went to bed at midnight; not sure when the rest of the girls called it a night. Thank you to our wonderful husbands!! We seriously couldn't have done it without you...

We met up at Cantina Laredo for dinner and had so much fun eating good food. (We may have had a few margaritas at the table, but I don't want to incriminate anyone.) I was surprised, but everyone was ready to go to the room after dinner. No shopping at Bridge Street? Seriously? We got to the room and I had homemade turtle cheesecake waiting on us. The girls were sweet enough to bring drinks and snacks. We talked and laughed and I even gave out a few necklaces that were very dear to my heart.
I found out that it's super easy to make your own hand-stamped jewelry. So I bought a kit a few months ago and wanted to make something for the girls. I asked them what their favorite activities were and added charms to personalize the necklace. I stamped a Proverbs 31 verse that I felt applied to each girl. It was so fun reading through the chapter, studying up on each verse, and deciding which verses to choose. I think the finished product looked pretty good. If nothing else, at least it's a one-of-a-kind necklace. I'll never forget going around the room as each friend opened her necklace. I cherish these friendships and... OK. that's enough. i'm about to cry.


Denise was sweet enough to frame a special Bible verse. Isaiah 43:1 "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine." She placed it on a clip, so that I can put in a new verse as life changes.

Thanks, girls... Y'all will have a special place in my heart forever! I love you all...

2 comments:

Amy said...

And we love you!!! I have worn my necklace at least 4 out of the last seven days. I love it....makes my heart smile!

motheringinmadison said...

hey penny.. love the pj's and a shirt like that will be great! i LOVE The necklaces. is it that clay that turns into silver? u will have to tell me more. i am going to try to make the tile necklaces, or glass ones. love u, jenn