4/25/10

Nashville trip


We made a quick trip to Nashville this weekend. So quick that we were there less than 24 hours. We met up with Ron at the hotel Friday night when we got into town. He got there ahead of us to pick up his race packet. Sam desperately tried to find something to watch on the tube, Luke ran around with excitement, and Laney explored while sitting on the floor.


Ron ran in the Country Music Marathon Saturday morning. Fortunately the rains held off until lunchtime, so me and the kids got to see him at the race. He ended up running the half marathon with a time of 1:25:19. He came in 54th of 24636 runners and was happy with that. Yea Ronzo!

We stopped for lunch in Franklin to visit with my Uncle Robert and Aunt Vicky. Their kids and grand kids also came, so it was a small family reunion. The boys really took to my cousin Renita. Here they are at the door with her, about to welcome Houston inside.

My cousin Rae turned 25 a couple of days ago. She's married and is very content having a dog; she doesn't have a huge desire to have children. We threw Laney in her lap for kicks and couldn't believe it when she said it was the first time she'd ever held a baby. I had to get a picture of that!

On a less personal note, I have to include these stackable stools. I don't remember a time when my aunt and uncle didn't have these. I love them! I decided after seeing them yesterday that I need to make some for myself. I don't know when I'll find the time to do it, but I'm adding it to my project list.

Luke loved them as well...

No comments: