11/25/09

"my granddad's cooler than yours"

This past weekend, my kids got to see just how cool it is to have a granddad that happens to be an engineer. I heard Anne Madison having a conversation in the kitchen Saturday with Pops. "Pops, show me something you've never shown me before..." This propelled Pops and my step-brother Chris into coming up with something creative for the kids. Who would have thought an extension cord, swivel office chair, and leaf blower could be so much fun? As you can imagine, the leaf blower sent the kids spinning and they had a blast!



There was also a homemade hot air balloon. Pops folded up some plain white paper for the little basket on the bottom and attached it to a trash bag with the help of a little thread. Then he turned on his lighter and we had ourselves a working hot air balloon.


So if I ever hear my kids tell one of their friends "my granddad's cooler than yours" I might just have to agree with them. Of course, I'll tell them it's not nice to say things like that and we should be kind to each other. But deep down, I'll know it's true...

No comments: