8/3/09

Rick and Bubba show

Friday, July 31st Ron and I started our 10th anniversary out right at the Rick and Bubba show. We arrived at the studio at 6:45 and were surprised to see my brother there. Thanks to his family we had a bright yellow poster waiting in the studio wishing us a happy anniversary. Stannon has been a longtime friend of the show, so Rick, Bubba and Speedy picked on me for being his sister. Then they got serious and all said he was a nice guy...

Rick has been known to do a drum solo during the breaks. He is recovering from surgery on his arm and was warned not to get too crazy on the drums. This was his first time back on the drums since his surgery and it was driving Speedy crazy. Speedy kept yelling at him from across the room "your doctor said not to play drums...". By the way, Rick is very talented.

...a shot of Rick, Speedy, Greg, and Bubba right after one of their bits on air...

Here we are outside the studio
We had so much fun at the show that we already want to go again. One of the best parts was when the guys went to commercial breaks. They kept talking about the things they had just said on the air but with more detail. We got some juicy details that we wouldn't have heard just listening on the radio. It was a fun 3 hours!

4 comments:

BKicklighter said...

Did you take anything???

Penny said...

No, I didn't. I just couldn't come up with anything good, although the gravy idea was tempting. ;) We had fun just the same...

Jess said...

This is Ben's dream! I told him to read the post and he then reminded me that we have an anniversary coming up and to feel free to surprise him with this. He talks about Rick and Bubba like they are family...

Penny said...

Plan your visit ahead of time. I secured these seats way back in January even after the show was booked up for the whole month of July. I emailed Speedy personally and BEGGED him to let me and Ron come. They added folding chairs for us! Y'all should go; it's so much fun!!