6/20/09

Coming home

Before leaving the hospital I got a quick picture with Donna, my L&D nurse. She was such an encouragement! Ironically, she is the nurse who gave me and Ashley our tour at Crestwood a couple of months ago. I left that tour thinking how great it would be to have her as my nurse; she has a quirky and fun personality.

We put Laney in the car seat and she just looked so tiny. The pink dress is the outfit I made in case she was a girl. Looks like I'll be giving the blue outfit away to Denise since I won't be needing it.

As soon as we got home Sam wanted to hold her. He is so sweet. When she cries, he walks up to her and says "It's okay Laney, Sam's here..." He strokes her face and gives her kisses whenever he has the chance. Luke mostly just points to her and says "baby", although he did give her a kiss for the first time this morning.

It's definitely going to take a while to adjust. I'm so glad to know we'll have help from family for a while. The Philleys are coming today for the weekend, Rebekah is coming next weekend, and my mom is coming Monday-Friday for a few weeks. I am blessed!

1 comment:

Stacey Wideman said...

I'm so glad you have help for a while. Enjoy it and LET THEM take care of you! :)

She's beautiful, as if there was any chance she would be otherwise...and that's great to hear that Sam has taken to her so quickly.

Wish I was there to give you all hugs! And maybe clean something for you...

Talk soon--Stac