4/11/09

Some of you may have heard that my mom and step-dad were going skydiving today for her 60th birthday.  After the news started making it's way around Birmingham, more people kept signing up.  Mom and Dave, my brother, my step-brother and his girlfriend, and a friend from church all made their way to Cullman this morning to jump.  Several others were there for moral support...

I told them I wanted a picture just in case anything went wrong... they didn't think that was funny.

Luke enjoyed playing peek-a-boo with Kathy Cheely...

Sam enjoyed hanging out with Marcia Bryan, his new best friend...

Sam also had fun jumping out of the plane (while it was still in the hanger) as if he was parachuting.

Here's the group getting their instructions...

After two hours of waiting for the clouds to clear so they could go up, I decided I would head back to Huntsville with the boys.  We left Cullman at 10:30 and as of now (2:30) they still haven't jumped.  I hope it clears up for them because I know they were all looking forward to it...

1 comment:

B said...

To all who may see this...as Paul Harvey would say, for the rest of the story, we didn't jump. There never was a good opening for us because of all the cloud cover. We stayed till around 4:00, that is after arriving around 8:00 this morning, so it was a long day and some disappointment included. However, not to be outsmarted, we signed up for a time slot next week, although, there is a chance of showers, so that is a tentative date. All of us were excited, some more than others, but were happy to just hang out together for the day. I would not change it for anything in the world and NO!, it did not lessen the desire to jump, if anything it intensified. Thanks to all for your support...will let you know when the jump actually takes place. :) Love to all, B (Glenda, Penny's mom)