5/30/08

Luke's here

I'm crazy for doing this, but yes I'm blogging just 8 hours after giving birth. I'm tired and don't want to take much time...I just wanted to let y'all know he's here. I started having contractions at 6 yesterday evening, got to the hospital around 11:15 when they got stronger, pushed 3 times and he was born at 1:55. God has blessed me twice now with very short labors! The worst part was they couldn't get my epidural in, so they had to give it to me 3 different times. It kicked in during the first push and Luke was born within 5 minutes. So needless to say I was in lots of pain until the very end. The stats are that he was born at 1:55, weighed 7lbs 6oz, and was 19 1/2 inches long.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. We'll update more in a day or two.

8 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

YIPPEE!!! Congratulations again! And, look at that sweet face. I love it. Hopefully, I can see it later today =). I love the "live-blogging" from the hospital. Right up our alley!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

Oops...I only meant to delete the mispelled words. Not the whole post!

Anyway...I am very thankful that you had a safe and speedy delivery of such a beautiful baby! But I must admit that I am just a bit dissapointed that our "Plan B" was not activated in the middle of the night. After your email yesterday I was ready for your phone call. Mabye we can work on that for Philley Baby #3!

Get some rest. Love you!

susan said...

Oh what a love. Good Job Philley Pham!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie! We will be praying for y'all as you transition from one to two. Look forward to more updates and pictures!

Love, The Perkins

BKicklighter said...

THAT is an adorable baby boy! Yea Pen! Way to go!

Stacey Wideman said...

What a beautiful boy! I think he looks like his mom. Hope you're doing well, and I love you all!

Love, Stacey

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!