4/9/08

Our last few days...

First things first, Happy Birthday Mom! My beautiful red-headed mother as seen below turned another year older. I won't say how old she is because it might embarass her. I just hope I age as gracefully as she has. I love you Mom!!!


Last Friday, B, Sam and I went to meet Thomas the Tank Engine. It was an exciting day! PBS tours the country with "A Day Out With Thomas" so we travelled to Calera, just south of B'ham, to take part. Sam wore his Thomas hat and had fun playing. He got to ride Thomas for a half hour, which obviously was the highlight.
He even got to meet Sir Topham Hatt. In this picture, Sam was shaking his hand saying "Nice to meet you". It was cute...
After a good nap Sam doodled some. Check out the fish he drew. I was impressed. I didn't know 2 1/2 year olds could draw that good!
Sam has also become interested in the hymnal these past few days. He refers to it as the song book or song bible; I guess it depends on his mood.
Hopefully I won't take so long to update in the future. I just haven't been in the mood to blog lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update, Penny. Thanks also for the compliment you gave me. Age is just a number, so it wouldn't have embarrassed me,remind me next year that I said that.:) Hope you are enjoying your afternoon! Love ya! B