12/19/07

Weekend Getaway



Ron, Sam and I just got back from spending some time with family in Mississippi and Louisiana. It was a long trip, but well worth it. Sam got all the attention; of course that's what happens when you're the only little one in a group of about 25 people.

This picture was taken at Ron's grandmother's house. Baba Dee lives in rural Louisiana in a little community called Enterprise. It's always a little weird going there just because it's so different from our life here in the city. She has no computer which causes Ron and I to realize just how much time we spend on the internet. Sam loves going to Baba Dee's house. Her house backs up to the Ouachita River and she has plenty of land on which he can roam. Unfortunately, it's an 8 hour drive so we don't go very often.

As wonderful as the trip was, we were all very glad to get home Sunday. Sleeping in our own bed, eating our own food....ahh how nice! There are more pictures from our trip to the left under our family pics.

Well, I'd like to write more about our trip and other things on my mind, but I have to go. Sam is waking up from his afternoon nap, so mommy duty calls.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Penny: I am glad you had a nice visit with your family. But I am glad you are back. I have missed you the last couple of weeks!